you've come into contact with a few of our most germ-ridden public places. But
what about less public spots, like your office? Turns out that's a hot bed of
bacteria too. Before cold and flu season gets into full swing, let's take a look
at the top 10 germiest places at work. Here's our top ten list of the
1. Office phone - According to University of Arizona research, your office phone gets coated
with bacteria from your mouth and hands, harboring about 25,000 germs per square
2. Keyboard and Mouse - Unavoidable and
3. Desktop - Most of us don't wipe
down our desktop before and after eating lunch or a snack, yet food particles
can be a breeding ground. And if you place your purse or briefcase on top your
desk, you've just added to the petri dish.
4. Fax and copier machines - While the toilet seat gets regular cleaning, have you seen
anyone sanitize these recently?
5. Communal kitchen items - The communal coffee pot, refrigerator, and microwave are all
laden with illness-causing germs.
6. Water cooler - The spout rarely gets disinfected and you often see people filling their already
used water bottles or cups with it, sometimes touching the spout directly.
7. Shared pens - You might want to think twice about
letting a co-worker use your pen. On average, surface germs lurk for up to 72
8. Common areas - Conference room armrests,
doorknobs, light switches, and railings, touched by many hands and cleaned only
occasionally, if that.
9. Vending machine - Beware the
innocent vending machine. Fingers, money, and food - a great combination for
harboring potential pathogens. Neither the vendor filling it nor the cleaning
crew wipe down this germy beast.
10. Elevator buttons - There's a reason you see people using their elbow to press their floor.
Even the cleanest person comes into contact with various bugs and bacteria on a
daily basis. While frequent hand washing remains your best defense, add an extra
layer of protection by using disinfectant wipes on frequently touched items and
keeping a hand sanitizer available. And, just in case the bug bites, be sure to
have a fresh supply of cold and flu medicine on hand. With these tips in mind,
you can stay strong and healthy this season and all year long. Twist OP has everything
you need to keep your office clean - go to www.twistop.com and order today.