Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Many health professionals believe it's also one of the healthiest. For some people, it's the single largest source of antioxidants in the diet, outranking both fruits and vegetables combined. (This blows our mind! Who knew!)
Here are a few tips to turn your coffee from healthy to super healthy:
1. Drinking coffee late in the day could be impairing your sleep quality. Avoiding coffee after 2-3 p.m. is probably a good idea.
2. Avoid adding sugar to your coffee. If you regularly turn your coffee into a sugary treat, you might be eliminating its overall health benefits.
3. If you are worried about pesticide contamination in your coffee, choose a quality , organic brand.
4. Drinking too much coffee may cause adverse side effects. However, this depends on the amount of caffeine consumed and individual tolerance.
5. Spice up your coffee with a dash of cinnamon. Not only does it taste good, it might also improve your health.
6. Non-dairy creamers are highly processed and may contain questionable ingredients. If you like diluting your coffee with a creamer, consider using whole milk or cream.