Set up folders
Organize emails by subject,department, client, sender, etc…whatever works for your workstyle.
Archive Ancient Email
Put emails you want to save, but don’t reference often in archives to help de-clutter your inbox and folders.
Put “Search” to Work
Use your email’s search feature to find a specific email. Searching by keyword or sender is much quicker than digging through everything!
Avoid Repeated Typing
If you find yourself using the same text over and over, you can save it in Quick Parts to easily insert in emails. Here is how to set it up:
- Highlight the text in the composer window.
- Move to the Insert tab, click the Quick Parts dropdown then select Save selection to the Quick Parts gallery.
Write Emails, But Deliver Them in the Future
This is great for announcements that cannot go out right away, but you want to get it off your plate of things to remember to do. Here is how to do it:
- Type your email content, then select the Options tab and select Delay Delivery. This opens a dialogue box with a Do not deliver before option where the user can enter a time and date, then click Close.
- When you hit the Send button, your message will be held until the time specified by you for sending. In the Exchange server you can close Outlook but in case of IMAP or POP you have to keep the application open until the time specified for delivery.
Use Color to Identify Messages From Specific Senders
Want email from a certain person to stand out? Make it a distinctive color! Start by select an existing message from the sender in question. Then, here is how you can set it up:
- In Mail, choose Organize from the Tools menu.
- In the Ways To Organize Mail pane, click the Colors link on the left side.
- In the first condition statement, choose From in the first drop-down list.
- The sender's name will appear in the text box to the right. If it's the wrong name, enter the right name or the person's e-mail address.
- Choose a color from the second drop-down list.
- Click Apply Color and close the pane. Afterward, Outlook will display all messages, existing and new, from the person in the color you selected.