1. Blow Pops: Hard candy shell + chewy bubble gum center = a recipe for braces disaster! If you somehow manage to escape the temptation of biting into the lolipop shell, a sugary wad of bubble gum awaits.
2. Gummy Bears: The more you chew, the more damage you can do! These adorable little morsels of goodness can easily latch onto your braces wiring and brackets. Even if you manage to escape with your braces in tact, sugary residue will easily makes it’s way between braces and results in a mouth-full of painful cavities in November.
3. Jolly Ranchers: “I’m not going to chew these. I’m not going to chew these. I’m not going to…whoops.” There goes a bracket!
4. Caramel Apples: Don’t let that fruit-center fool you. There’s no easy way to bite into a Caramel Apple without destroying those festive black & orange bands! Always cut your non-caramel apples into bite size pieces.
5. Laughy taffy: Having a wire break and jam into your cheek for a week just isn’t so funny.
The best treats for Friday: Opt for delicious treats like Plain M&M, Hershey Kisses, Peppermint Patties, Snow Caps, and Three Musketeers for the best chances of a break-free Halloween. Enjoy!