Have you ever wondered where tea came from, and what made someone put leaves in hot water for flavor? Well, legend says in 2737 BC, a Chinese emperor was sitting under a tree while his servant boiled drinking water when some leaves blew into it. The emperor happened to be a renowned herbalist, and he decided to taste the infusion that had just been created by accident… He loved it, and that’s where tea comes from!
Here are some of the best benefits tea has to offer:
- Tea is packed with antioxidants. These help keep our bodies “young” and protect them from toxins.
- It has less caffeine than coffee. (The kinds that do contain caffeine) usually contain about 50% less than coffee which means you can drink it without affecting your nervous system.
- Research shows a correlation between tea and heart health. A recent study says people who drink tea have a 20% less chance of having a stroke or heart attack than those who don’t.
- It can help with weight loss, especially when paired with a well-balanced diet and exercise. Tea is usually calorie-free, and it can give you energy and cause your body to burn more calories throughout the day.
- It’s an immune system booster. Studies show that tea helps immune cells reach their targets more quickly.