It’s a mindset change for the office, too. New projects, new quarter and new wardrobes! And hey, doesn’t anyone consider how parents feel when the kids are back in school? They have to make adjustments like pickups, drop offs, and babysitting for those late night meetings. Not to mention squeezing in extra time to pack lunches. Hope you remembered to grocery shop!
Here are some tips to sail smoothly through this change of routine from summertime slowness to back-to-school schedules.
- To minimize disruption in your routine, practice a new piece of going back to school each day leading up to the big day. For example, one day, go to bed a little earlier. The next day go to bed earlier and pick out an outfit to wear (for you or the kids!).
- Make the kids (and yourself) a morning schedule. We eat breakfast at 7 a.m., brush teeth by 7:15, and are out the door by 7:30, etc.
- After school, make sure kids know the routine: what time you’ll be home, when they can take a break from homework, and any chores that need to be completed by a certain time.
- At the office, give yourself a fresh start. Why not revamp your workspace by adding a pretty stapler or reorganizing your folders (physical or online)? It’s the little things!
- Overlay your work schedule with the kids’ schedule. Don’t forget to schedule some down time.
Photo by Life Without Pink http://www.lifewithoutpink.com/