* Calculators - Printing, non-printing, pocket-size, or scientific, calculators in every shape, size, and price, continue to be among the best selling of all back-to-school supplies.
* Pens, pencils, highlighters, markers - A necessity for every student, every school, everywhere.
* Pocket calendar - One of the most underrated items, a pocket calendar helps with everything from dating an assignment to planning a research paper.
* Cell phones - While talking during class isn't allowed, it's a family necessity for schedule coordination.
* Ruled notebooks - Get a different color for each subject. This year consider going green by buying those made of recycled paper.
* Binders and pocket folders - For organizing miscellaneous handouts and papers.
* Backpack - Big enough to hold various shapes and sizes, but not too large for the child.
In addition to the above, popular items for the college-bound include:
* Planner - Electronic or paper, this must-have helps keep projects, papers, and assignments on track.
* Sturdy backpack or messenger bag - While a shoulder-style messenger bag keeps things neatly arranged, a sturdy backpack (or one on wheels) easily accommodates the heaviest textbooks.
* Laptop - An everyday essential for class work, research, and communications.
* Flash drive - For those times when you can leave the laptop at the dorm, conveniently carry your work in your pocket.
* Markers - Including fine-point, thick-point, and plain (non-toxic).
* Colored chalk - Livens up the lesson and helps make an important point.
* Index cards - Great for customized flash cards, teacher's notes, and general organization.
* Post-it notes - Handy labels and reminders.
* Color folders - Keeps classes, subjects and lesson plans together.
* Tape - Both transparent and masking for multiple uses.
Get the school year off to the right start with the right stuff. Find all these supplies, and much more, at www.twisop.com