American Flag Cake
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen prepared pound cake, thawed, cut into 14 slices
- 1-1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Slice 1 cup strawberries; halve remaining strawberries.
- Cover bottom of 13x9-inch dish with cake slices; top with sliced strawberries and 1 cup blueberries.
- Spread COOL WHIP over berries.
- Arrange strawberry halves and remaining blueberries on COOL WHIP to resemble a US flag. Keep refrigerated.
It's great because it's easy to make (takes only about 15 minutes) and share with coworkers without too much hassle, but is obviously very festive. You'll be a huge hit! Happy Independence Day!
Why Americans Are Weird
I recently read an article about a list of things that are strangely--and solely American. Here are a few of my favorites from "93 Weird Things About The U.S. That Americans Don’t Realize Are Weird":
#35-Obsession with coffee.
#84-The lack of annual leave from work.
#89-Talking about work and asking what people do for a living in great detail at a social function.
If that tickled your fancy, you can check out the other 90 ways Americans are weird.