- Evolution World Hot Cups & Lids: Made with 24% post-consumer recycled materials, these cups and lids use less virgin fiber and petroleum. Cups are FDA approved.
- Greener Notes: Made from 100% recycled paper, 30% from post-consumer materials. Meets Federal requirements for recycled content. Cabinet Pack box made from 100% recycled materials. 75 sheets per pad.
- Remanufactured Printer Supplies: Elite Image remanufactured cartridges use lab-tested components to ensure consistent OEM-equivalent performance. The environmentally sustainable materials used in both the production and packaging of these cartridges and energy-saving remanufacturing process reduces waste to help the environment, while providing quality printing performance for your office needs.
- Recycled Paper: Hammermill, Domtar (EarthChoice Office Paper) and Xerox (Vitality Multipurpose Recycled Printer Paper) have eco friendly choices.
- Fun Paper Points: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is a worldwide independent organization that promotes the responsible management of the world's forests. Certified products are made from wood that was grown in FSC-certified forests. Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) is a worldwide non-profit that mandates the procurement of fiber used in SFI-certified products, even if it comes from non-certified land, to ensure that it's not from illegal or controversial sources.
- Hanging File Folders: Built-in heavy-duty 1/3 cut tabs for quick and easy labeling - no platic tabs required. Reinforced construction for extra durabiltiy. Contains 100% recycled content and 95% post-consumer materials. Starndard Green
- Vertical Files: Steel ball-based-bearing suspension, heavy-gauge steel factory installed core removable lock. adjustable wire follower keeps files upright. High-side drawers. Meets or exceeds ANSI/BIFMA industry standards. Contains 28% recycled content. Greenguard certified. Covered by Lorell Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Recycling Containers & Can Liners: Use when large volumes of white paper are generated. Made from 20% post-consumer resin. Clear Recycled Can Liners are great for recycling and pilferage control. Convenient rolls for easy dispensing. 50% recycled plastic; includes 30% post-consumer materials. Third party certified (SCS).
- LED Light Bulbs: Dimmable LED light bulbs use the latest technology to produce an exceptional, white light. These bulbs offer the best value when energy savings (up to 90% less energy is used) and useful life are considered. Lasts 25,000 hours. Energy Star qualified and RoHS complaint
- Energy Star Laser Printer: Print speeds up to 32 pages per minute, up to 2400 x 600 dpi. Built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n and Ethernet. Print from your mobile device (requires wireless network connectivity). 800-sheet paper capacity. Dual paper trays. Use the Secure Function Lock feature to set page counts or restrict printing.
- Green Cleaners: Go Green when you are spring cleaning!
Delivers easy, jam-free stapling of up to 20 sheets using standard staples. Built-in staple storage and flip-out staple remover. Opens for bulletin board tacking. Made with over 30% recycled materials. Three-year limited warranty. Comes in black/gray
ONE FINGER STAPLING POWER
That's what it says on the box and the folks at PaperPro must be serious as they actually trademarked the phrase. Time to take their EcoStapler for a test drive.
Upon removing the stapler from the box, we were surprised at how light it was. It has a nice sleek look and it's gray and black color scheme is easy on the eyes. The manufacturer states that stapling is "80% easier as a result of their One-Finger technology" and that this little eco-friendly fellow (manufactured with over 30% post-consumer recycled plastic), will handle up to 20 sheets no problem. Putting it to the test, we have to say that stapling is remarkably easy. One easy touch with your fingertip and you have a stack of standard stapled papers, (with apologies to Peter Piper). You can also open the stapler to take on tacking tasks, making this an ideal stapler for teacher and other folks who hang around bulletin boards.
It offers a full-strip (210) staple capacity and loads easily with standard staples, which is always a positive. Top that off with Jam-Free technology that prevents staple jams, quiet operation and a three (3)-Year Limited Warranty and we think this stapler is a keeper!!
Which home remedy is a deodorizer, exfoliator, bug repellant, wood stain, hair gloss, compost, and fertilizer?
Simply Shellie tells us how we can use Unused Coffee Grounds
1. Deodorizer – Use coffee in the back of the fridge for odor control. Place clean, unused coffee grounds in an open bowl or cup at the back of the refrigerator to eliminate foul smells. They can be used in the freezer, as well. You can even make closet sachets with coffee. Take cheesecloth or other breathable materials and wrap a small amount of coffee grounds and hang in the back of the closet. Cheesecloth wrapped coffee can also do wonders in the bottom of your diaper pail.
2. Use as an exfoliator - Add clean coffee grounds to a body wash. Massage into skin and rinse. It’s a great remover of dry skin. You can also use them for a great facial. Mix a few tablespoons of grounds with enough water to make a paste. Pat it on skin and let stand for a few minutes and then massage in circles. Rinse thoroughly.
3. A natural bug repellant – Several insects including ants are sensitive to strong smells. Sprinkle fresh grounds around plant beds or any other areas where you would like to keep out pests.
4. Deter Animals – It is also a good way to discourage cats from using your yard as a litter box. Take the grounds and mix with the rind of a citrus fruit to create a pungent odor that turns the local kitties away.
5. Touch up furniture scratches - No need to buy an expensive Minwax pen when you have coffee. Make a paste with a little bit of instant coffee and hot water. Rub it into the scratch. Repeat if necessary until the scratch matches the surrounding wood.
Here’s how to use Used Coffee Grounds
6. Fight Cellulite – Warmed, used grounds mixed with coconut oil are said to help fight cellulite. If Halle Berry does it, so can you! The caffeine is the active ingredient. Rub it into skin in massaging circles. If it doesn’t stop the cellulite, you should at least have soft skin after.
7. Lustrous Hair – Want shiny hair? Coffee grounds have long been known for a great hair gloss. After shampooing, rub warm grounds into hair. Let stand until cool and then rinse. If you have dark hair, this can give a color boost. If you have very light hair, be careful. Keep the coffee weak and don’t leave the rinse in too long. It can stain hair.
8. Composting – The rich minerals left behind in the grounds helps the degradation process. Mix with lye to further the breakdown and worms really like the grounds so it is a multi-faceted support to composting.
9. Fertilizer – Whether you compost or not, those same minerals including nitrogen and potassium make a great fertilizer and enrich the soil. This also works with indoor plants.
10. Household scrub – Use coffee grounds to cleans pans or baked on grime on a stove top. They are mildly abrasive and great for cleaning grime. Mix in with your current creamy cleaner or use on their own.
The Good News
The range of green products is expanding. Manufacturers are now using innovative technologies to transform organic products into adhesives for tapes and adhesive notes, envelopes, plates, cups, bowls and eating utensils.
Twist Office Products is committed to providing choices to help protect our environment. Here are some recycled, compostable, sustainable, Energy Star-rated, non-toxic and bio-based offerings, as well as those products certified to meet stringent environmental standards:
Recycling. Turning off the lights when you leave a room. Not leaving the water running. Carpooling to work or taking public transportation. At the office, it's easy to forget about going green, so here are some quick reminders--and green office products--that will help us be kind to our Earth.
Twist boasts a wide array of furniture options and general office supplies that meet stringent environmental standards and contain recycled materials: