1. Sunscreen. Pressurized cans of sunscreen can burst, contents in bottles or tubes can become dangerously hot, liquefy and potentially burn your skin.
2. Medication. Since heat can degrade potency, prescription drugs typically feature a warning label with an ideal storage temperature, usually a cool, dry place or room temperature - not a steamy car.
3. Perishable groceries. If you're not heading directly to the fridge, keep a cooler with ice or ice packs for dairy, meat, produce or melt-able edibles like chocolate.
4. Electronics. Sweltering temps can cook the inner workings of cell phones, MP3 players, GPS systems and digital cameras.
5. Personal care items. Your lipstick or lip balm will turn semi-liquid, cans of hairspray or deodorant can explode, even perfume can change aroma, so make sure you take these with you.
6. Dirty clothes or shoes. Whatever smells foul in a cool car will increase in intensity when the car temperature reaches 120.
7. Disposable lighters. Another summertime hazard, lighters can detonate, shooting tiny pieces of plastic throughout the car and leaving burn marks behind.
8. Eyeglasses. Blazing hot temperatures can melt and warp lenses and frames, whether plastic or metal. Take your expensive prescription glasses with you before locking up.
9. Plastic items. This includes credit cards with magnetic strips which warp; even popular flip flops have been known to disintegrate.
10. Crayons. While coloring keeps children entertained en route to the beach, forgotten crayons leave behind a globby, albeit colorful, mess. Be sure to search under or between seats.
11. Cans of soda pop. No picnic is complete without them, but soda cans become a soda bomb if left in the car. Since they easily roll out of site, double check the trunk and under seats.
12. Blu-rays, CDs, DVDs, USB sticks, Memory cards and VHS tapes can get ruined.
13. Wet swimsuits. They're a petri dish for bacteria.
14. Photographs. Photos can fade when exposed to heat for extended periods.
15. Batteries. These can leak harmful acid causing skin and respiratory irritation.
Keep your summer safe and mess-free with help from Twist OP where you can find all the supplies you need for perfect summer fun.