- Consider hiring an internal bookkeeper or an outside accounting firm. If you are not a tax whiz, your investment in an expert can save time, money and headaches. Professional fees are often tax deductible, too.
- Keep Records...and keep them organized. Hang onto expense receipts and other documents that you will need for tax time, and organize them by month, throughout the year.
- Often, start-up expenses, equipment, software and other business needs are tax deductible.
- Business travel is usually deductible, too. Even if you spend part of your vacation doing business, a percentage of your expense can usually be deducted.
- Even entertainment can be a deduction. When you entertain clients, it is considered a business expense. For these and other tax opportunities, document all your business expenses with receipts and records, and ask your tax pro for advice on what rules pertain to your particular situation.
Get Rid of germs around the office
and have a fresh, healthy outlook.
Our checklist shows you how!
Did you know there are Twist office products that can help wash, wipe and sanitize your way to a healthier workplace?
1. WASH your hands often. Thorough drying with paper towels can reduce germs by 77 percent.
2. WIPE down high traffic surface areas like desks and doorknobs to tackle germs.
3. SANITIZE. Using hand sanitizer can reduce your sick days by 21 percent.
Your boss and coworkers thank you for spreading the health!
Small gestures often mean a lot! Take the time to show your appreciation to valued workers and customers.
Write a thank-you note.
A handwritten note really stands out
in today's e-mail world.
Share a sweet treat.
A freshly baked cookie or beautifully
decorated cupcake is a sweet surprise.
Celebrate special days.
Make it a point to acknowledge birthdays,
work anniversaries and other occasions.
Make it their lucky day!
Buy lottery tickets and give them to
employees or clients with a "good luck!" note.
It's your treat...
A $5 gift card for a local coffee shop, or
restaurant is always appreciated.
A bouquet of flowers or a small plant
brightens anyone's day.
You're sick of looking at roadside snow and breathing into a scarf. The delight of the holidays has worn off and we're heading into the time of yearning for Spring Break.
I took an unofficial poll among office-type employees asking their top reason for desperately needing Spring Break. Here are my findings:
1. We're sick of the snow.
2. We need a break from school (kids AND parents).
3. We need to catch up on sleep.
4. We need a tropical vacation (see tropical vacation giveaway below).
5. We're sick of the snow.
But really, spring fever is scientific. A couple years ago, HuffPost produced an article on why our bodies feel different heading into springtime. Basically, increased daylight leaves us antsier to get moving!
So it you're antsy, enter one of our Twisty giveaways!
--There's still time to enter the My Ugly Office Contest. You could win a dream office suite from Lorell by showing us a picture of your "ugly" office! Enter by February 29th.
-- Enter Twist's Fun in the Sun Sweepstakes for a chance to win a tropical getaway worth $3,000!
Cheers to spring coming soon!
Build client relations and have more productive meetings when you host a client luncheons in your office.
Set up for success.
Be sure you have plates, cups, flatware and napkins. And do not forget the ice!
Plan the perfect menu.
Choose foods that are general crowd-pleasers (sandwiches, salads, etc) and offer vegetarian options.
Provide healthy choices.
Offer healthy snacking options, such as fresh fruit or veggies and dips, to keep clients refreshed and energized.
That controversial holiday is right around the corner. For me, it's Singles' Awareness Day. For others, it's day of engagements, anniversaries, and sweet celebrations of love. I'm talking about Valentine’s Day. Whether you will be receiving roses from your significant other on February 14th or not, we have some festive red (and pink) office products to replace that vase of roses on your desk. You can also check out special Valentines with a Twist on our Pinterest page:
Who's Who Around the Office